Casual Bar Attendant (Manning and Hermanns Bar)
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Up to full time casual hours are available
- Work at the iconic Bars on the University of Sydney main campus
- Start in October 2018
Manning and Hermanns Bar are the centrepiece of campus culture at the University of Sydney Camperdown. We are looking for Casual Bar Attendants with a love for all things hospitality, good music and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our new team!
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to be part of a fun, dynamic team with an amazing culture. So if this is what you are looking for, we want you to bring your positivity, friendly fun-loving personality to the team!
Your main responsibilities in this flexible role will include:
- Using your exceptional customer service skills to make all customers feel welcome in our fun campus environment
- A variety of duties including the service of drinks, taking food and beverage orders, cash handling, cleaning and complying with NSW regulations.
These are casual roles with average weekly hours available during In-Semester:
Up to 38 hours per week
- Shift A: Mon-Fri between 11am-8pm
- Shift B: Fri -Sun between 6pm-3am
Hours may vary from week to week, working hours can fluctuate out of the university semester and tend to drop a bit.
*Depending on the events we hold – operational hours may vary outside of the above times.
You will have:
- At least 6 months’ experience as a bartender in a pub/hotel or small bar
- Experience in pouring high volumes of draught (tap) beer, making mixed drinks and taking food orders in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in an environment with young clientele (18-24 year olds)
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) photo card
- Demonstrated strong understanding of touch screen point of sale systems (POS systems)
$25.43 per hour + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
How to Apply:
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact shortlisted candidates within 6 weeks upon application submission.
The University of Sydney Union (USU) is the provider of key programs, products and services that enhance the experience of the University of Sydney population; giving a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The USU provides many services to people on University of Sydney campuses including operating multiple food and beverage outlets. The USU is a non-for profit organisation that has existed since 1874.
USU is committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities
USU promotes healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE