Casual Chef De Partie
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Work alongside professional chefs to deliver amazing food
- Prestigious and convenient working location on the University of Sydney Main Campus
- Gain valuable practical experience
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Casual Chef De Partie who have had experience in fast corporate functions or restaurants to work for our Gold Licensed catering company, HostCo, on the University of Sydney campus. This role requires a love for contemporary food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer outcomes.
Hostco caters for weddings, corporate functions and special celebrations in Sydney. We provide a range of heritage venues and impressive function rooms at the University of Sydney, combining a historic atmosphere with contemporary catering.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fresh and dynamic team and culture. We want someone who can really bring positivity and a motivational personality to the team!
- Working closely with the Executive Chefs in the day-to-day operations of the kitchen
- Being responsible for the quality production and presentation of all products leaving the kitchen
- Completing ordering processes as required to ensure correct stock is always on hand
- Assisting with the control of food costs and the minimisation of wastage
- Using your winning smile and knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
PROJECTED HOURS OF THIS ROLE ARE:
HostCo – rotating roster up to 38 hours per week, Monday to Sunday between 7 am - 11 pm
EXPECTED START DATE:
YOU WILL HAVE:
- At least 2 years’ recent experience working in a fast paced cafe or restaurant environment
- Tertiary qualifications in hospitality or commercial cookery
- TAFE Workplace Hygiene or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate or equivalent
- A commitment to the continual improvement of food and service quality
- The demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service
- A flexible 'can do' attitude towards work
- The ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- A current Driver's Licence is desirable
$26.73 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates
HOW TO APPLY:
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 1874, the University of Sydney Union (USU) is Australia's oldest and largest student union, with over 250 employees. Never heard of us before? Perhaps you might be aware of some of the huge festivals we run on campus each year like Australia's biggest OWeek and the Verge Arts Festival.
We're a non-profit organisation dedicated to giving students a once-in-a-lifetime university experience. We offer a massive range of co-curricular activities such as the groundbreaking INCUBATE startup accelerator program, hundreds of on campus entertainment activities across the year and our coveted Clubs and Societies Program, which boasts more than 200 groups on campus. On top of that we also operate over 15 food, beverage and retail outlets across University of Sydney campuses with all profits directly invested back into our award winning student programs and services.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US AT:
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities
We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace
We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date.