Casual Kitchen Hand
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Work alongside professional chefs to deliver amazing food
- Convenient and prestigious working location
- Gain valuable practical experience
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for experienced Kitchen Hands with a love for great food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our growing team on the main campus of University of Sydney.
Our on-campus restaurants and cafés offer table and takeaway service based around modern Australian inspired food with an international twist. Our customers include Sydney University students, University staff, with a focus on increasing visitation from the local community.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fresh and dynamic team and culture. So, we want someone who can really bring positivity and a friendly personality to the team!
- Sharing your winning smile and “can do” attitude to help support the kitchen team in delivering excellent experiences to our customers
- Working alongside our professional chefs to ensure that all food is prepared to a high standard of quality and presentation
- A variety of general kitchen duties including some basic cooking, stock control and ensuring that cleaning and dish drop activities are effectively organised
PROJECTED HOURS OF THIS ROLE ARE:
Up to 38 hours
EXPECTED START DATE:
YOU WILL HAVE:
- At least 2 years’ previous experience working in a similar fast paced functions, cafe or restaurant environment
- Exposure to food production and basic cooking processes
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- Excellent personal presentation & flexible 'can do' attitude towards work
$25.43 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates
HOW TO APPLY:
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 1874, the University of Sydney Union (USU) is Australia's oldest and largest student union, with over 250 employees. Never heard of us before? Perhaps you might be aware of some of the huge festivals we run on campus each year like Australia's biggest OWeek and the Verge Arts Festival.
We're a non-profit organisation dedicated to giving students a once-in-a-lifetime university experience. We offer a massive range of co-curricular activities such as the groundbreaking INCUBATE startup accelerator program, hundreds of on campus entertainment activities across the year and our coveted Clubs and Societies Program, which boasts more than 200 groups on campus. On top of that we also operate over 15 food, beverage and retail outlets across University of Sydney campuses with all profits directly invested back into our award winning student programs and services.
Find out more about us at:
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities
We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace
We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).