Purchasing & Inventory Storeperson
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Convenient working location
- Work casually with the potential of this role becoming full time
- Great work life balance and free lunch every day!
Who YOU are
An experienced and dedicated person who is looking to use your strong administrative and warehouse skills for the next step in your career.
Who WE are
We are a not-for-profit organisation focused on students at the University of Sydney. The revenue we generate through our operations is used to support students and create experiences they will remember for a lifetime. You will be playing an integral role by assisting our operations to run smoothly.
What you will DO
- Picking and transferring of stock to and between specific locations
- Receiving all relevant goods and rotating stock using the ‘first in first out method’
- Completing all relevant duties in line with HACCP protocols and filling out appropriate paperwork when required
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers using the accepted methods
- Liaise with internal customers to meet expectations and convey information
- Supervise casual employees when required
HOURS of work
The hours of this role are 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 6.30am – 2.30pm
You will HAVE
- 2+ years’ previous experience in a high paced environment or similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of literacy and numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Effective problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team within a pressured environment
- Basic to intermediate computer literacy skills (particularly MS Word and Excel)
- Able to physically lift up to 15kg
- Current driver’s license
- Current forklift license
- Previous experience with a computerised stock management system
- Background in Retail and/or Food & Beverage industry or environment
- Knowledge of and commitment to HACCP and Work Health and Safety Regulations
$27.50 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation + lunch included each day
Expected START date:
Tuesday 7th January 2019
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).