Programs Event Coordinator
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Permanent Full Time Role – ideal start 14 January 2019
- 35 hour working week
- Program, plan and execute and evaluate a diverse range of student events
- Diverse, exciting role that gives you the opportunity to work with young people in a creative, fun, fast moving environment
About the Role:
Student Programs is at the heart of campus life at the University of Sydney. This role is responsible for the programming, planning and execution and evaluation of a diverse range of student events, including but not limited to stakeholder management, onsite event coordination and marketing.
The Programs Event Coordinator is a valued member of the Student Programs team and works with various internal and external stakeholders to deliver a dynamic calendar of programs and events.
- Management of dynamic calendar of events
- Ongoing student engagement
- Customer service
- Program content development
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should provide a resume and a cover letter that addresses each selection criteria item listed below:
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/Event Management or relevant related experience
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Proven experience developing and delivering content
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing campaigns
- Proven experience with stakeholder engagement and management
- Supervising and managing a team
- Budget management, reporting and accounting practices experience
- Excellent written, verbal communication/listening/problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing deadlines and tasks
- Computer-based administrative systems, particularly Microsoft suite of applications and database platforms
- An understanding of the youth market (18 – 24 year old)
- Ability to set priorities and establish objectives and milestones
- Warm and approachable, ability to listen actively, friendly and professional
- A leader with a high level of integrity, honesty and commitment
- Ability to confidently delivery information to both internal and external parties
- Highly motivated, proactive team player
- Ability to work in a team environment or autonomously
- Demonstrated knowledge of the University of Sydney, The University of Sydney Union and its activities
- Experience in working in a not-for-profit organisation
- Experience working with young people and in youth affairs
- Current provisional or above NSW Driver’s license
$60,000 + 9.5% Superannuation
- An $11 meal card per day worked
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
- A complimentary ACCESS card giving discounts on and off campus (valued at $75 per year)
- Generous paid leave entitlements including 4 additional paid grant days per year
- Ongoing paid training and development
Applications close: Monday, 26th November 2018 at 10am
How to Apply:
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Who we are:
Founded in 1874, the University of Sydney Union (USU) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest student union, a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience. The USU’s vision is to provide the best university experience in Australia and our mission is to be the heart of uni life.
Led by a student board, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including Volunteering and International Language Exchange, and support over 200 Clubs and Societies. On top of that, we provide great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise through our many outlets across campus.
If you’d like to become a member of the USU, you’ll be rewarded with discounts, fun, freebies and lots of opportunities. Plus, since all our profits go directly to improving and enhancing services and facilities, you’ll be helping us support students and the amazing USYD community.
Find out more about us at:
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities
We promote healthy living and aim to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace
We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).