Casual Purchasing & Inventory Storeperson
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Start in February 2019!
- Exciting and ideal opportunity for students available on the University of Sydney Camperdown Campus
- Rotating roster with flexible work hours
- No weekends!
Who YOU are
You are an enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills looking to fit in a few shifts around your schedule.
You are looking to work with a vibrant and high performing team. If a flexible work environment is what you are looking for then this is the position for you!
Who WE are
We are about students on Campus. We have a wide range of cafes and food venues on the University of Sydney main campus and we organise a wide range of student focused events.
What you will DO
- Receive and dispatch stock
- Undertake Food Safety controls
- Assist with organisation of store rooms
- General administrative tasks relating to stock management such as stock purchasing, issuing delivery dockets and invoicing
- Participating in cycle counts and stocktake
- General warehouse duties
HOURS of work
During busy times: up to 25 – 38 hours per week.
During quiet times: up to 15 hours per week.
The standard shift will be between 6:30am and 11:30am Monday to Friday.
Note: there is no guarantee of shift hours, shifts will be dependent on business needs with flexibility to cut down.
You will HAVE
- At least 6 months' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply common sense and effective problem solving
- Ability to lift up to 15 kg
- Ability to work on independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and safe manual handling techniques
- Basic computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office
$25.43 per hour + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
Expected Start Date
Monday, 11th February 2019
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications\
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).