Casual Chef De Partie
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Work alongside professional chefs to deliver amazing food
- Prestigious and convenient working location on the University of Sydney Main Campus
- Gain valuable practical experience
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for enthusiastic Chef de Parties with a love for great food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our growing team at the University of Sydney main campus.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fresh and dynamic team and culture. We want someone who can really bring positivity and a motivational personality to the team!
WHO WE ARE
Our on-campus restaurants and cafés offer table and takeaway service based around modern Australian inspired food with an international twist. Our customers include Sydney University students, University staff, with a focus on increasing visitation from the local community.
Sharing your winning smile and “can do” attitude to help support the kitchen team in delivering excellent experiences to our customers
- Being responsible for the quality production and presentation of all products leaving the kitchen
- Completing ordering processes as required to ensure correct stock is always on hand
- Assisting with the control of food costs and the minimisation of wastage
- Using your knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
HOURS OF WORK
This is a casual role: rotating roster up to 38 hours per week, Monday to Sunday between 7am - 11:30pm
YOU WILL HAVE
At least 2 years’ recent experience working in a fast-paced cafe or restaurant environment
- Knowledge of HACCP and Work Health and Safety Regulations and requirements
- Breakfast, sandwich & salad experience
- Tertiary qualifications in hospitality or commercial cookery
- TAFE Workplace Hygiene or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate or equivalent
- A commitment to the continual improvement of food and service quality
- The demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service
- A flexible 'can do' attitude towards work
- The ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- A current Australian Provisional Driver’s License or above
$31.08 per hour + 10.5% Superannuation + attractive penalty rates
- A daily meal allowance to be used at all USU outlets
- Access to a range of discounts on thousands of products such as life insurance, mobile phones and even gaming equipment!
IDEAL START DATE
HOW TO APPLY
The Health and Safety of our community is extremely important to us and so we ask that applicants are double vaccinated with a recognised COVID-19 vaccination and can show us their COVID-19 digital certificate or a medical contraindication exemption certificate.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Please read the position description here carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying
- Scroll down and complete our online application form below
- Attach your resume. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
The USU (University of Sydney Union) ) ) is a not-for-profit organisation, whose purpose is to be the heart of campus life and we have been doing that since 1874.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides events on campus such as WelcomeFest, festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. We support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).