Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
Casual Barista roles available! – USYD Camperdown Main Campus Location
- Start in February 2019!
- Work with a fun team in the vibrant USU community
- Work at a variety of cafés, restaurants and quick service venues while experiencing University of Sydney campus life
- Full paid training days and opportunities available
Who YOU are
Looking for a casual job to fit around your studies? Or looking to work full time hours? We have you covered! We have different shifts for differing types of venues and needs!
We want you to bring you positivity, friendly and fun-loving personality to the team!
You have loads of experience making coffee and are you looking for a company that is fun to work for. You LOVE good food and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service. You are a positive person who wants to work somewhere with fun staff at a great easy to get to location with a variety of QSR’s.
Who WE are
We are about students on Campus. We have a wide range of cafes and food venues on the University of Sydney main campus
We care about your development so we offer full days of paid training to help build your barista skills so you can become a coffee connoisseur.
What you will DO
- Make customers welcome – with your personality and smile. Encouraging customers to come back because you were professional, friendly and knowledgeable about our menu
- A variety of duties including making a range of high standard coffee/hot drinks, accurate order taking, cash handling, serving food, cleaning, general cafe duties and supporting the team as a whole with your infectious “can do” attitude
HOURS of work
We have positions with up to 20 hours of work during the semester period that would fit perfectly around a students schedule!
Or are you looking for a career in hospitality? We have you covered with positions with up to 38 casual hours available during the semester period for the especially passionate about coffee and student life.
We don’t do weekends– so if you’re looking at working 38 hours a week please note you will need to be available to work every day Monday through Friday to be considered.
You will HAVE
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a fast paced, customer experience focused food environment (café / restaurant / hotels)
- At least 2 years’ experience working with commercial coffee machines in a high volume environment (using at least 5kgs of beans per day) and a passion for coffee
- An infectiously positive, flexible 'can do' attitude towards work
- Strong level of verbal and written communication skills
$25.43 per hour + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
Successful applicants will be required to be available for the compulsory USU induction on Monday, 11th February 2019 and half day Barista Training on Tuesday the 12th of February. Please consider this date prior to applying
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
- If you are selected for interview - Be prepared to show off your coffee skills as part of the interview process
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
MORE ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications\
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).