Programs Event Coordinator
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract – to start March 2021
- Opportunity to work with young people in a creative and fun environment
- Work at the prestigious University of Sydney Campus
Who YOU are
A highly driven events coordinator with a love for event management and a passion for foreign cultures to join our team
You have creative ideas and are keen to create engaging and exciting events in a tertiary environment
You will be liaising between key stakeholders in the lead up to events, so you will have strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with students and clients
You like to be challenged with variety! The role will perform promotional, administrative and customer service responsibilities
You are looking to work with a vibrant and high performing team. If a flexible work environment is what you are looking for then this is the position for you!
Who WE are
The USU provides key programs, services and facilities that enhance campus life for the many thousands who join and interact with us.
The USU’s vision is to provide the best university experience in Australia and our mission is to be the heart of uni life.
This role is responsible for the programming, planning and execution and evaluation of a diverse range of student events, including but not limited onsite event coordination, stakeholder management, content development and marketing.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMS TEAM
Student Programs is at the heart of campus life at the University of Sydney. Events and programs created by the USU Programs team attract around 30,000 students each year. The Programs Event Coordinator is a valued member of the Student Programs team and works with various internal and external stakeholders to deliver a dynamic calendar of programs and events.
We believe in working hard and having fun at the same time.
What you will DO
- Assist in the management of a dynamic calendar of events
- Manage volunteers
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with student groups
- Program content development
You will HAVE
- Proven experience delivering events
- Proven experience working with youth (18 – 24yr olds)
- Proven experience with stakeholder engagement and management
- An understanding of various cultures
- Demonstrated knowledge of the University of Sydney, The University of Sydney Union and its activities
HOURS of work
35 hours per week
$60,000 p.a. + 9.5% Superannuation
- An $11 meal card per day worked
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
- A complimentary USU Rewards membership giving discounts on and off campus (valued at $45 per year)
- Generous paid leave entitlements including 4 additional paid leave days per year
- Ongoing paid training and development.
IDEAL START DATE
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: FRIDAY 26th FEBRUARY AT 10AM
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Please read the position description here before applying.
- Complete the online application form below and attach your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).