Casual Café All-rounder
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
Café All-rounder roles available - USYD Camperdown Main Campus Location
- Work with a fun and vibrant team in the USU community
- Work at a variety of cafés, restaurants and quick service venues while experiencing University of Sydney campus life
- Full paid training days and opportunities available
- Start in February 2019
Who YOU are
You are passionate about good food, youth culture and exceptional customer service! You are a positive person looking for a company that is fun to work for with fun staff at a great easy to get to location with a variety of QSRs.
Looking for a casual job to fit around your studies? Or looking for a career in hospitality and wanting to work full time hours? We have you covered! We have different shifts at differing types of venues and needs!
Do you want to join a vibrant, dynamic team and culture? This is the perfect opportunity for you! We want you to bring your positivity, friendly and fun-loving personality to the team!
Who WE are
We are about students on Campus. We have a wide range of cafes and quick service venues on the University of Sydney main campus
We care about your development so we offer full days of paid training to help build your skills
What you will DO
- Using your winning smile and knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
- A variety of duties including making a range of high standard coffee/hot drinks, accurate order taking, use of POS, cash handling, serving food, cleaning, general cafe duties and supporting the team as a whole with your infectious “can do” attitude
HOURS of work
We have positions with up to 20 hours* of work during the semester period which is perfect for a student studying
*You must be available to work a minimum of 3 shifts a week, each shift consists of 4 hours
Or are you looking for a career in hospitality? We have you covered with positions with up to 38 casual hours available during the semester period for those especially passionate about good food and student life
We don’t do weekends– so if you’re looking at working 38 hours a week please note you will need to be available to work every day Monday through Friday to be considered
You will HAVE
- At least 1 years’ demonstrated experience in a fast paced, customer experience focused food environment (café / restaurant / QSR)
- At least 1 years’ experience using a POS in a food and beverage environment
- An infectiously positive, flexible, hardworking attitude towards work
- Strong level of verbal and written communication skills
- At least 1 years’ experience working with commercial coffee machines in a high volume environment (using at least 5kgs of beans per day) and a passion for coffee
$25.43 per hour + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
Successful applicants will be required to be available for the compulsory induction on Monday, 11th February 2019. Please consider this date prior to applying
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description before applying
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above
- If you are selected for interview – and you have indicated that you have coffee experience - be prepared to show off your coffee skills as part of the interview process
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).