Casual Team Member - KIOSK/GRAB AND GO OUTLETS
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Up to full time casual hours are available
- Multiple cafés/restaurants and food outlets on the University of Sydney main campus
- Flexible working hours
We have a wide range of Grab and go, kiosk and juice bars on the University of Sydney main campus and we are looking for Casual Team Members with a love for good food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service!
Part of our recruitment process is a face to face interview and a practical coffee skills test.
As we have multiple casual roles available and different shift types, this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to be part of a fun and dynamic team and culture. So if this is what you are looking for, we want you to bring your positivity, friendly and hardworking personality to the team!
Your main responsibilities in this flexible role will include:
- Using your winning smile and knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
- A variety of duties including making a range of high standard coffee/hot drinks, accurate order taking, use of POS, cash handling, serving food, cleaning, general cafe duties and supporting the team as a whole with your infectious “can do” attitude
These are casual roles with four average weekly hours available during In-Semester:
- Up to 20 hours per week: Mon-Fri between 7:30am-6:30pm
- Up to 30 hours per week: Mon-Fri between 7:30am-6:30pm
- Up to 38 hours per week: Mon-Fri between 7:30am-6:30pm
- Up to 38 hours per week: Mon-Fri between 3:30pm-10:30pm
Hours may vary from week to week, working hours can fluctuate out of the university semester and tend to drop a bit
You will have:
- At least 1 years’ demonstrated experience in a fast paced, customer experience focused food environment (café / restaurant / hotels)
- At least 1 years’ experience using a POS in a food and beverage environment
- An infectiously positive, flexible, hardworking attitude towards work
- Strong level of verbal and written communication skills
$24.56 per hour + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
How to Apply:
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Who we are:
Established in 1874, the University of Sydney Union (USU) is Australia's oldest and largest student union, with over 250 employees. Never heard of us before? Perhaps you might be aware of some of the huge festivals we run on campus each year like Australia's biggest OWeek and the Verge Arts Festival.
We're a non-profit organisation dedicated to giving students a once-in-a-lifetime university experience. We offer a massive range of co-curricular activities such as the groundbreaking INCUBATE startup accelerator program, hundreds of on campus entertainment activities across the year and our coveted Clubs and Societies Program, which boasts more than 200 groups on campus. On top of that we also operate over 15 food, beverage and retail outlets across University of Sydney campuses with all profits directly invested back into our award winning student programs and services.
Find out more about us at:
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities
We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace
We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).