Casual Restaurant and Bar Attendant
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
Casual Restaurant Wait Staff and Bar Attendant - USYD Main Camperdown Campus Location
- Work with a fun and vibrant team in the USU community
- Multi faceted role – you’ll never be bored!
- Full paid training days and opportunities available
- Start February 2019
Who YOU are
You are passionate about good food, speciality beer and wine and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service!
You are looking to be part of a fun and dynamic team and culture. So if this is who you are - we want you to bring your positivity, friendly and fun-loving personality to the team!
Who WE are
We are about students on Campus. Courtyard Restaurant and Bar provides a sit-down dining experience on the University of Sydney main campus
What you will DO
- Using your winning smile and knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
- A variety of duties including making a range of high standard serving alcoholic drinks, accurate order taking, cash handling, using POS, serving food, cleaning, waiting tables, general cafe duties and supporting the team as a whole with your infectious “can do” attitude
HOURS of work
This is a casual role with average weekly hours available during semester: Up to 25 hours per week: Monday - Friday between 12pm - 8pm
*You must be available a minimum of 3 shifts a week
You will HAVE
- At least 6 months’ experience as a bartender in a pub/hotel, restaurant or small bar
- Experience in pouring high volumes of draught (tap) beer, preparing cocktails and taking food orders in a fast-paced environment
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) photo card
- Demonstrated strong understanding of touch screen point of sale systems (POS systems)
- An infectiously positive, flexible, hardworking attitude towards work
- Desirable quality – experience making coffee
$25.43 per hour + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
Successful applicants will be required to be available for the compulsory induction on Monday, 11th February 2019. Please consider this date prior to applying
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description before applying
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).