Casual Bar Attendant
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Fun and vibrant working environment!
- Work at the iconic Bars on the University of Sydney main campus
- Start in April 2021
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for Casual Bar Attendants with a love for all things hospitality, good music and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our team!
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for 1 – 3 shifts per week and is looking to be part of a fun and dynamic team with an amazing culture. So if this is what you are looking for, we want you to bring your positivity, friendly fun-loving personality to the team!
WHO WE ARE
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Using your exceptional customer service skills to make all customers feel welcome in our fun campus environment
- A variety of duties including the service of drinks, taking food and beverage orders, cash handling, cleaning and complying with NSW regulations
YOU WILL HAVE
- At least 6 months’ experience as a bartender in a pub/hotel or small bar
- Experience in pouring high volumes of draught (tap) beer, making mixed drinks and taking food orders in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in an environment with young clientele (18-24 year olds)
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) photo card
- Demonstrated strong understanding of touch screen point of sale systems (POS systems)
- A commitment to and understanding of the USU, its roles and relationship to the University.
- Understanding of HACCP procedures or food safety programs
- A general knowledge of the industrial and Work Health and Safety legislation
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative
HOURS OF WORK
Depending on the events we hold – operational hours may vary. The USU cannot guarantee the number of hours per week.
Outside semester times: hours may be reduced based on business needs.
$26.64 per hour + attractive penalty rates + 9.5% Superannuation
IDEAL START DATE
Successful applicants will be required to be available for the compulsory induction. Please consider this date prior to applying.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 21 APRIL 2021
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Please read the position description here carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying
- Scroll down and complete our online application form below
- Attach your resume. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
MORE ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).