Sales and Events Executive
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Fast paced, exciting environment
- Varied range of events and functions
- Manage your own pipeline
- Convenient and prestigious working location
HostCo is a Gold Licensed catering business, that offers modern Australian cuisine. We offer a range of heritage venues and impressive function rooms at the University of Sydney, combining a historic atmosphere with contemporary catering and expert event management, we also provide off-site catering for our clientele.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently recruiting an experienced Sales and Events Executive to join our team. The Sales and Events Executive will drive business by managing existing client accounts and respond to prospective clients’ needs. The Ideal candidate will be the key point of contact between HostCo and its clients in organising their function/event. This position is the face of the business; subsequently the Sales and Events Executive must portray the quality and professionalism of the brand in everything they do. The main goal is to provide quality customer service, ensuring the clients’ needs are met.
- Answering internal and external client queries
- Generating proposals and quote documents
- Organising site visits for the client and being part of the sales & event process
- Attending clients’ event/function to ensure high standard from start to finish
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and resolving outstanding issues to ensure repeat business
- Ensuring each event is executed to the clients expectations
- Ensure our events are held to our high Gold Licensed standard
This role would be ideal for someone looking to work in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for functions/events.
- 4 years’ experience working with events and functions in a medium to large scale venue
- Experience in the supervision of staff and the ability to demonstrate strong leadership of a team
- Understanding of building \catering packages to suit a range of functions and events
- Proven sales and marketing skills, with experience in launching new business initiatives
- Proven ability to build strong client relationships and increase repeat visitation
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to work across multiple events at the same time
- Proven ability to exceed sales targets
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, liaison and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated high level organisational and time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and be proactive in problem solving
- Competent in computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Have extensive knowledge of competitors, key trends in the market and what business is booking into the area
- Willingness to participate in further training and development
- Knowledge of iVvy or similar CRM systems
- Knowledge of Visio
- Commitment to and understanding of the University of Sydney Union (USU) its roles and relationship with the University and its members
- A current NSW Provisional Driver’s License or above
$75,000+ 9.5% Superannuation
- An $11 meal card per day worked
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
- A complimentary ACCESS Rewards Membership giving discounts on and off campus
- Ongoing paid training and development
- And much more!
IDEAL START DATE
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying
- Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should provide a resume and a cover letter (no more than two pages in length) that address the selection criteria above (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to). Please note: Applications that do not specifically address the selection criteria above, will not be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).