Casual Chef De Partie
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Work alongside professional chefs to deliver amazing food
- Prestigious and convenient working location on the University of Sydney Main Campus
- Gain valuable practical experience
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for enthusiastic Chef de Parties who have experience in corporate functions or restaurants to work for our Gold Licensed catering company, HostCo, on the University of Sydney campus. This role requires a love for contemporary food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer outcomes.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fresh and dynamic team and culture. We want someone who can really bring positivity and a motivational personality to the team!
WHO WE ARE
Our on-campus restaurants and cafés offer table and takeaway service based around modern Australian inspired food with an international twist. Our customers include Sydney University students, University staff, with a focus on increasing visitation from the local community.
Hostco caters for weddings, corporate functions and special celebrations in Sydney. We provide a range of heritage venues and impressive function rooms at the University of Sydney, combining a historic atmosphere with contemporary catering.
- Working closely with the Executive Chefs in the day-to-day operations of the kitchen
Sharing your winning smile and “can do” attitude to help support the kitchen team in delivering excellent experiences to our customers
- Being responsible for the quality production and presentation of all products leaving the kitchen
- Completing ordering processes as required to ensure correct stock is always on hand
- Assisting with the control of food costs and the minimisation of wastage
- Using your knowledge of our menu to make your customers feel welcome and that their satisfaction and repeat business are your top priority
HOURS OF WORK
HostCo – rotating roster up to 38 hours per week, Monday to Sunday between 7am - 11:30pm
YOU WILL HAVE
At least 2 years’ recent experience working in a fast paced cafe or restaurant environment
- Knowledge of HACCP and Work Health and Safety Regulations and requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in hospitality or commercial cookery
- TAFE Workplace Hygiene or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate or equivalent
- A commitment to the continual improvement of food and service quality
- The demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service
- A flexible 'can do' attitude towards work
- The ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- A current NSW Provisional Driver’s License or above is desirable
$28.49 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates
IDEAL START DATE
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).