Casual Kitchen Hand
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Work alongside professional chefs to deliver amazing food
- Convenient and prestigious working location
- Gain valuable practical experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for experienced Kitchen Hands with a love for great food and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service to join our growing team on the main campus of University of Sydney.
Our on-campus restaurants and cafés offer table and takeaway service based around modern Australian inspired food with an international twist. Our customers include Sydney University students, University staff, with a focus on increasing visitation from the local community.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fresh and dynamic team and culture. So, we want someone who can really bring positivity and a friendly personality to the team!
- Sharing your winning smile and “can do” attitude to help support the kitchen team in delivering excellent experiences to our customers
- Working alongside our professional chefs to ensure that all food is prepared to a high standard of quality and presentation
- A variety of general kitchen duties including some basic cooking, stock control and ensuring that cleaning and dish drop activities are effectively organised
PROJECTED HOURS OF THIS ROLE ARE
Up to 25 hours per week in between 7am-11:30pm Monday to Friday.
*This is a casual role. The hours may vary from week to week, working hours can fluctuate out of the university semester and tend to drop a bit
YOU WILL HAVE
- At least 2 years’ previous experience working in a similar fast paced functions, cafe or restaurant environment
- Previous experience working with a commercial dishwasher, washing the dishes, cleaning and sanitising a kitchen
- Exposure to food production and basic cooking processes
- Knowledge and previous experience in working with chemicals
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- Excellent personal presentation & flexible 'can do' attitude towards work
$26.19 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation + Laundry Allowance + attractive penalty rates
HOW TO APPLY
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).