Purchasing & Inventory Supervisor
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Permanent Full Time role
- Convenient working location
- Fantastic work environment!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated person who uses their strong administrative and supervisory skills to work in our Operations Department as a Purchasing & Inventory Supervisor.
- Rotating stock using the first in first out method
- Receiving all relevant goods
- Complete appropriate HACCP paperwork while performing deliveries
- Liaise with internal customers to meet expectations and convey information
- Placing product order using the accepted method or in person with a supplier representative if required
- Supervise casual employees when required
Expected Starting Date: Monday 7th January 2019
- 2+ years’ previous experience in a high paced environment or similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of literacy and numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
- Effective problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team within a pressured environment
- Basic to intermediate computer literacy skills (particularly MS Word and Excel)
- Able to physically lift up to 15kg
- Able to manoeuvre up to 25 kgs
- Current driver’s licence
- Current forklift licence
- Previous experience with a computerised stock management system
- Background in Retail and/or Food & Beverage industry or environment
- Knowledge of and commitment to HACCP and Work Health and Safety Regulations
$50,000 per annum + 9.5% Superannuation
Closing Date: Tuesday 11 December 2018
Benefits working with us:
- An $11 meal card per day worked
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
- A complimentary ACCESS card giving discounts on and off campus (valued at $75 per year)
- Generous paid leave entitlements including 4 additional paid grant days per year
- Ongoing paid training and development opportunities
How to Apply:
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Review the position description here before applying.
- Complete our online application form below with your resume and cover letter (with contact details of at least two references you reported directly to) that address our essential and desirable criteria above.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Who we are:
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun experiences on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail venues across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD Merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aim to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications. alt="" />
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).