USU Student Activities Officer
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
Student Activities Officer - USYD Camperdown Main Campus Location
- Work with a fun and vibrant team in the USU community
- Help make Welcome Week an experience to remember!
- Further job opportunities available in a variety of areas
Who YOU are
You LOVE campus life - especially Welcome Week! You are passionate about generating excitement and promoting the benefits of USU Access membership. You are available to work during Orientation day (5th August 2019) AND would like to have some shifts throughout the year. You could have a variety of interests such as international students or the clubs on campus as the ongoing opportunities are in the following areas: Membership, International Programs, Clubs and Societies, Volunteering and Bright Ideas
You will be the face of the USU so you will have strong interpersonal skills to create a positive experience for current and potential USU Access members visiting USYD in 2019.
You like to be challenged with variety! The Student Activities Officer will perform promotional, administrative, registration and customer service responsibilities.
You have most likely played an active role in the USU and are available to work one, or more, weekdays during Semester.
Who WE are
We are for students on campus! We run Welcome Week Festival which is Australia’s biggest university orientation festival. We run festivals, events and clubs and societies on campus throughout the year. Our focus is to provide the best campus experience in Australia!
What you will DO
In this role, you will mainly be assisting with the sales of USU Access Memberships in the three following areas:
- Sales & Queue Management – You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy face-to-face encounters
- Registration of Memberships – You will have general computer literacy and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Sales Processing – You will have cash register/EFTPOS experience and general computer literacy
Note: Working locations include the Camperdown Campus, The Conservatorium of Music and Sydney College of the Arts – if your shifts involve working at non-main campus locations you will be provided with transport to and from main campus.
WHEN will we need you
- Monday 8th Jan and Wednesday 10th Jan 209 – Interviews between 12pm and 2pm (you must be available on at least one day – full details available on the application form)
- 15th Feb 2019 – Compulsory paid Training(approx. 10am to 2pm)
- 5th Feb Essential working date
- Other shifts may be around weeks 1 and 2 of semester
- Currently enrolled at the University of Sydney
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of USU Programs and services
- At least 6 months demonstrated exemplary customer service experience, in voluntary or paid capacities, ideally working in a youth or member focused organisation
- Current USU Access Member (membership is free! sign up here)
- Excellent computer skills – especially in computer-based administrative systems
- At least 6 months demonstrated point of sale and cash handling experience
$26.70 per hour + 9.5% Superannuation
Wednesday 3rd Feb 2019 at 10am
HOW TO APPLY
- Please read the position description here carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying
- Scroll down and complete our online application form below
- Attach your resume. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including INCUBATE, our award-winning launch pad for startups, an active volunteering program and an International Language Exchange, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications